RECIPE: Vegan Enchiladas 2.0
I hope you guys didn't think I was kidding when I said I love Mexican.... ;)
I didn't really plan on whipping up another enchilada recipe for you--It just kind of happened! But, I think you will be glad it did.
I discovered a sauce that has the same yummy taste as a cheese sauce, but it's vegan! So when I was trying to think of something to make it with, enchiladas seemed to be the best option.
- Siete Cassava flour tortillas
- Enchilada sauce
- 1 zuchinni
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp of The Honest Stand Spicy Nacho Dip
- Kite Hill plain unsweetened almond milk yogurt
- greens of choice
- Dice veggies into small pieces.
- Sauté veggies with avocado oil and spices until veggies have softened.
- Add 1 tbsp of nacho sauce and stir.
- In a 9x13" pan, pour in some of the enchilada sauce.
- Take a tortilla and dip it in the enchilada sauce on both sides.
- Put some of the veggie mix in the tortilla and roll the tortilla (You should be able to get about 8-9 enchiladas). Do this until the pan is full.
- Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce on top of all the enchiladas.
- Pour the rest of the nacho cheese on top.
- Bake on 350° until the sauce starts to bubble.
I served my enchilada on a bed of greens for some extra nutrients and sliced avocado to put on top. You can also add the yogurt and cilantro as garnish!