If you know me, you know that I love cooking with a good iron skillet whenever I can! There are a few reasons why I think you should ditch your nonstick cookware and opt for cast iron instead. Here's why:
1. Nonstick cookware contains perfluorinated chemicals. When exposed to heat, the chemicals are released into the air and food which builds up in your body over time.
2. These chemicals can cause hormone imbalance, and even kidney and liver disease.
3. Iron skillets are chemical free and tolerate high heat.
4. It’s also a good and inexpensive way to put iron in your body!
5. If your cast iron skillet is seasoned and cared for properly, they are nonstick and can last for years!!
Whether you're an avid iron skillet user already or not, I'd love to hear your thoughts! As always, send any questions my way, and... shop my favorites below: