I absolutely love a good egg casserole, so I decided to create my own delicious recipe for any of you guys who also love 🍳 casserole! Let me tell you, it's a great one if I do say so myself😜
One of the best parts of an egg casserole is you can prepare it the night before, store it in the refrigerator, and pop it in the oven the next morning for a warm and filling breakfast or brunch! Make sure to let it sit at room temperature for about an hour before putting it in the oven to bake.
Here are the deets:
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 bell pepper chopped (any color)
- 1 small head of broccoli florets or 1 bag chopped finely (I used a chopper)
- 1 cup grated goat cheese (I get mine at Trader Joe's)
- 1 dozen organic eggs
- 1/2 small white onion diced
- 1 3/4 cashew milk
- 2 tbsp parsley OR 1/8 cup fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- Grease a 13 x 9 pan with avocado spray.
- Add ghee in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and let simmer for a few minutes, then add all the other veggies. Add salt (to taste) to the veggies. Cook until all the veggies are slightly soft but still a little firm - about 3 minutes.
- Put the veggies in the bottom of the greased pan.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Mix the eggs and the rest of the ingredients, including salt, and pour on top of the veggie mix.
- Cover and refrigerate over night to cook the next day* or just cover with parchment paper and cook on 350° for about 50-55 minutes.
- *If you do refrigerate over night, make sure you take it out of the refrigerator and allow casserole to get to room temperature before you bake it (about an hour).
Let me know what ya'll think!