Sometimes it's easy to just look at the bad things that happen in a year, but it's important to remember to focus on the good. For me, there were deaths, surgeries, accidents, and so on, but there was so much good, as well... I get to do what I love every day; I'm surrounded by good people that lift me up; And my family and I are healthy.
So, if you feel like you haven't had the best year, turn things around by finding the good in 2017 and reflect on your accomplishments, and bring in 2018 with a different outlook. Here are a few tips you can do to start the new year off right.
- Be Intentional: We all need direction, so set your intention for your week, month, or year.
- Get Your Rest: We are all busy and have so much going on that sometimes we neglect our sleep. Our bodies need to rest, and when we are rested, we are more efficient.
- Start Your Day Right: Exercise is great early in the mornings for so many reasons. It will set the tone for your day. Eat a healthy breakfast. These are all self-care habits we all need in our lives to help us stay on track throughout the day.
- Have FUN: Do things that make you laugh and enjoy life. If you are starting a workout and changing eating habits, make sure you enjoy it. Find that workout that is fun to you.
- Do Something That Scares You: Yep, I said it--Scares you. The hardest part about doing something new is that moment right before you do it. Instead of holding back and saying I'll just wait, GO FOR IT! Take that first step. We grow in so many ways when we take chances and get out of our comfort zone.
The only thing that even stands in our way is ourselves. So don't keep yourself from accomplishing something awesome, especially if it will make 2018 an even better year!