Who likes to take pills?! Not me!! I really have had to learn how to take them and the ways that work best for me to get them down. Why do I worry with it you ask... Because we can't get all the nutrients we need from food, so it's important to supplement.
I didn't know half of what I know now about supplements 10 years ago--It can be an overwhelming topic. So I wanted to share with you what I take and why.
When I became a certified health coach, I needed to take vitamins that only included clean ingredients. Not like over-the-counter ones that are not FDA approved and don't have to have on the label what REALLY is in there.😝 You always want to know what you're putting in your body, right? So I did a lot of research and found that USANA Health Sciences is by far one of the cleanest, real companies out there that truly want you to achieve optimal health. So USANA is what I went with and have used for 7 years now.
So let's get to the good stuff. Here are the supplements I take daily and why:
1. Cellsentials: Basically these are multi-vitamins for overall health to support natural antioxidant protection and energy production. Who doesn't need energy!?
2. BiOmega: A fish oil that doesn't taste fishy (thank God) due to the lemon oil they use in the supplement. There is nothing worse than a nasty tasting vitamin! BiOmega helps you get the omega-3 fatty acids you need to support immune, joint, and cardiovascular health.
3. Probiotic: We all want and need healthy guts! That's why it's important to put real food in your body. Probiotics are important because they put the "good bacteria" back into your gut to help restore balance in your gut. It also keeps your digestion system on the right track. (No more constipation!) What's great about USANA's probiotic is it also interacts with your immune system, working to strengthen your natural defense and helps prevent toxins from harming your body.
4. Vitamin D: Most women are deficient in vitamin D. We get vitamin D naturally from the sun, but considering you also need to be careful about overexposure and sun damage, we usually don't get enough vitamin D, especially in the winter months. Vitamin D is important to maintain development of our bones and teeth, and it also helps with immune function and reduction of inflammation.
5. Procosa: This is a joint supplement that helps regulate normal cartilage formation and joint function. I totally swear by this supplement. I have knee issues and if I slack on taking this, I 100% can tell. So it's definitely beneficial for those who have issues but also good as a preventative measure for those who don't.
6. LASTLY... This one is not a USANA supplement, but by Naomi Whittel called GLOW 15. It's a tumeric supplement to help support blood sugar and brain function. And I don't know about you but my memory can use all the help it can get.🤣
Hopefully, you have learned something by reading this. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.