I am going to be 100% real and let you know that finding time to blog is so hard for me. But, I'm going to make up for the long silence and drop you guys some amazing new recipes! :)
Even though it's April, we've had the craziest weather lately in Arkansas, including sleet and tons of rain--What!? Since it's been so cold lately (more 30-degree temps on the horizon for this weekend... ugh), I have had soups on the brain. And honestly, soup is delicious no matter the weather in my eyes...
As usual, I like to keep things simple, and this recipe is exactly that and full of good nutrients. I wasn't sure if my boys would dig it, but they did and that makes this momma happy.
- 2 qt vegetable broth
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups lentils, rinsed
- 5 celery ribs finely chopped
- 2 large carrots finely chopped
- 12 oz can organic diced tomatoes
- raw spinach (2-3 handfuls)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 tbsp avocado oil
- Chop all your veggies (I use a Ninja chopper)
- Heat oil in pot
- Add celery, then carrots and saute for 5-8 min
- Add the spices and cook another 5 min
- Add broth and all other ingredients except the spinach
- Cook for 45 minutes until the lentils are soft
- Remove the bay leaves
- Using an immersion blender blend the soup to the consistency you prefer
- Add the spinach, stir well and...