*Be sure to sign up for my next cooking class at Eggshells in January! Click here.
IRON SKILLET TIPS
- Never use soap. To clean my iron skillet, I use hot water and a scrub brush that is only for the iron skillet. Clean the skillet with just the water and brush. Use a paper towel to dry.
- Make sure it's super dry before you oil it. Always leave a little oil in your pan. I pour oil in the skillet and use the paper towel I used to dry it to spread the oil all over inside.
- Storage. I leave my skillet on my stove or you can place a paper towel on top and store in a cabinet.
• Everything we cooked is gluten-free and dairy-free, except for the Parmesan cheese in the fish stick recipe--You can leave it out for a totally dairy-free recipe!
• I use smashed avocado as the base for almost all of my tacos. Just add a little garlic salt!
• I've linked products in the recipes below, and added more links to products mentioned at the bottom of this page.
• When using Siete tortillas (linked below), I like to heat them in my iron skillet with ghee on both sides. Make sure to go ahead and fold the tortilla over in a taco shape while it's still hot! If you wait until it cools, they'll often break in half.
- Spray with avocado oil and season with Trader Joe's Everything But The Bagel Seasoning, a little garlic powder, and pink sea salt
- Broil on high for about 15 minutes (depending on how done you like your salmon)
- Roasted zucchini & Brussel sprouts with avocado oil and pink sea salt
- Sautéed cauliflower rice in avocado oil with pink sea salt. Add in some lime juice and add cilantro at the end!
- Black beans: Always rinse first! Add a little avocado oil to pan and sauté for a few minutes to heat.
Fish Stick Tacos
1/2 cup almond flour (or wheat flour)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (I used Watusse Foods Chick Pea Crumbs!)
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. paprika (I used smoked paprika)
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
3 fish filets
Slice the fish into 1" strips.
Beat eggs and lemon juice together.
Place the flour in a separate bowl.
Put bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt, paprika and pepper in another bowl.
Dip the fish strip in the flour bowl, then the egg bowl, then the breadcrumb mixture.
Grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
Lay the strips on the baking sheet.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through baking.
I topped our tacos with a variety of different things including jalapeño, fresh cabbage, arugula, and of course, Siete hot sauces! My favorites are Traditional and Habanero.
DESSERT: Almond Butter Brownie Bites
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 Enjoy Life mega chunks or chop a Hu dark chocolate bar into pieces
- Mix all ingredients together
- Use an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper
- Pour mixture into pan and smooth flat with a silicone spatula
- Bake for 25 min
- Let cool for 10 min
- Avocado tools from Eggshells:
- Siete Tortillas + Hard shells:
- I love Stasher bags!