I feel like the rain is never going to end. And you know me... When it's rainy and cold, that calls for soup. Don't get me wrong, I can eat soup when it's 100 degrees outside too, but there's just something about the cold, rainy weather that makes me crave it. I kind of created this recipe on accident. And boy am I glad I did.
Broccoli cheese soup was always a favorite of mine years ago when I didn't eat so great. The only thing that's good in it really is the broccoli... LOL. But this Broccoli Cheese Soup is packed with goodness for you.
2 packages of already cut broccoli florets
1 Japanese sweet potato diced
2 cups Bragg nutritional yeast
3/4 cup Siete Cashew Queso
1.5 tsp pink sea salt
2 cups water
3 Tbsp Bob's Red Mill brown rice flour
Chosen Foods avocado spray
1.5 cup cashew milk
- Toss broccoli in avocado spray and sprinkle with pink salt and black pepper
- Bake on 400° for 15 min tossing halfway through
- Dice sweet potatoes. Add to a pot with water and salt. Boil until potatoes are tender, almost mushy.
- When potatoes are done whisk in the yeast and brown rice flour. Mix well.
- When it thickens, add the cashew milk.
- Turn off heat and use an immersion blender until the soup is smooth.
- Turn the heat back on and add the Cashew Queso. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add salt if needed.
- Turn heat off and add the broccoli. Mix until desired chunkiness with the immersion blender. Add pepper if needed.
Let me know what you think!