Friends, I'm on a roll. :)
I just created this last night and couldn't wait to share. Here locally we are addicted to a restaurant called Izzy's that has a creamy pasta that my boys love and fondly call mac-n-cheese. So, I decided to create a healthier version that is, of course, GF and DF.
This is super easy (not surprising if you know me😂), and it was a hit with all the boys. MOM IS WINNING!🥳
I always make a veggie with every meal, so along with the pasta, I sautéed some broccolini and asparagus in avocado oil with some garlic and a little garlic salt. The tomatoes are fresh and local and are amazing on their own, so I didn't cook them.
I would love any feedback on this recipe if you decide to make it! Here are the ingredients and directions for this creamy dish:
- 1 8oz Kite Hill cream cheese
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1 c cashew milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (or more if you love garlic)
- 1/4 tsp pink sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 boxes of Banza shell pasta
- Put oil in pan and saute garlic for a few minutes making sure not to burn it
- Reduce heat and add cream cheese
- As the cream cheese melts, add the milk
- Whisk while adding the rest of the ingredients until the sauce is nice and smooth
- Cook the pasta as directed
- Mix sauce and pasta together
There you go! So easy and so good!
Let me know what you think!