I can say that I haven't eaten chicken since I was about 22, but when I did, I loved to eat wings... Mainly because of the sauce😋 So I decided to create a vegetarian alternative! I recently discovered The New Primal's buffalo sauce and was so excited that it not only tasted good but contained super clean ingredients.
This recipe was a hit with all the Newcomb boys so I knew I needed to share it with you guys.
If you need to feed more than 3-4 people I would double the recipe.
- 1 block of firm tofu-drained well (To drain: Take the block out of the package and place it on top of a couple paper towels on top of a plate. Then put paper towels on top with another plate on top of that and place something heavy on top of the plate. Leave there for 1-2 hours.)
- 6 tbsp arrowroot
- 1/4 cup of any plant milk
- 1 cup GF panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 bottle of The New Primal Buffalo Sauce
- fresh chives to garnish
- Cut tofu into whatever shape you want, just not too thick
- Mix the bread crumbs, olive oil, salt, paprika, and parsley together in a bowl
- Pour plant milk into another bowl
- Put the arrowroot in a third bowl and toss the tofu pieces until they are covered
- Dip a piece of tofu into the plant milk and then into the bread crumbs mixture
- Place the tofu on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper
- Bake at 425° for 20 min. Turn tofu over and cook another 5-10 min
- When cooked, let the tofu cool for a few minutes and then toss with the buffalo sauce. Make sure you don't get too much sauce to avoid it becoming soggy
- Garnish the tofu with chives and dip in my Healthy Ranch Dressing :)
Spicy but SO good!
Let me know what you think!