Is the rain ever going to stop!? I seriously feel like I haven't seen the sun in months. So when it's rainy and cold out, there is nothing better than a bowl of warmness.
I am not a huge fan of chili, so I wanted to create a recipe that's not like your average chili recipe. This bowl is full of heartiness and, thankfully, it was a winner with all the boys and that always makes it better.
Here is what you will need:
2 cans organic black beans (rinsed)
1 red pepper chopped
1 bunch asparagus (boiled 1 min with sea salt) cut into 1 inch pieces
1 can organic tomato sauce
1 can organic fire roasted tomatoes
1 Japanese sweet potato diced
2 cups organic vegetable broth
2 tbsp avocado oil
1/2-1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Warm oil in pot and add all spices
2. Add red pepper and saute for a few minutes
3. Add vegetable broth, tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes
4. Add potatoes. Cover pot and simmer for 15-20 min (until potatoes have softened)
5. Prepare the asparagus while the chili is simmering: Rinse asparagus and break off the ends. Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil. Throw the asparagus in and cook for 60 seconds. Drain and sprinkle with pink himalayan salt. Let cool and then cut into one inch pieces.
6. When potatoes have softened, add the asparagus. Stir and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
7. Add avocado and jalapeños for a little kick!
As always, let me know what you think!