I'm really excited about this recipe because it has taken me a minute to get it just right. I made these burgers this weekend and got the 👍 from everyone. Now it's time to share with you guys!
I don't like eating processed veggie burgers but sometimes, due to time constraints, etc., that's the only option. However, because this recipe is SO easy, I will no longer be buying Beyond Meat and will just be using real ingredients to create my veggie burgers. I love creating recipes knowing that all the ingredients are 100% the real deal. :)
Here you go...
- 1 can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Persian cucumber or just a small cucumber
- 1/2 small white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 box of Simple Mills garlic crackers chopped finely for crumbs
- salt to taste
- handful of chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 egg
- In a food processor, add the beans to chop OR smash beans with a fork.
- Add all the ingredients except crumbs and egg into the food processor or chop everything and add to the mashed beans.
- Scoop into a bowl and mix in the egg and crumbs.
- Make 4 patties. Warning: It will be sticky!
- Refrigerate patties for 30 minutes before putting on the grill or cooking in a skillet.
- Cook for about 6 minutes on each side.
Add all your favorite burger fixins' and boom, a 💣 homemade veggie burger!
Let me know what yall think!